- 1 pound ground Bison
- 1/4 cup crumbled crackers (about 6 small crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16-2 inch squares bell peppers
- 12-8 inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 min.
- 8 skewers of assorted vegetables, basted with flavored olive oil
In medium bowl, combine bison, crackers, cilantro, egg white, salt, black pepper and garlic. Mix until well blended. Shape into 8 large meatballs. To prepare a skewer: alternate 4 bell pepper squares and 2 meatballs per skewer. Repeat process making 4 skewers. Barbecue bison and vegetable skewers for 5 min. Turn, baste bison skewers with a spicy barbecue sauce and grill 4-5 min. longer or until done. Baste vegetable skewers with flavored oil and grill 5-7 min. longer or until tender. Serve.
Preparation time: 20 min. Cooking time: 10-12 min.